Hot damn! I enjoyed that episode.
I feel like I mostly want to just SQUEE because there was just SO MUCH hot stuff. But I also feel like saying - "who are you and where's my Show?!" because there were things in there that we just don't get very often. Like Sam and Dean TALKING! (*guh* and the L word was actually said!!) I find it rather ironic that they seem to be completely on the same page - they are communicating beautifully and yet there's this MASSIVE deception/secret between them. Which, yeah - I know that's the point. :)
Wheeeeee....counting the ways!
Before I get started I have to mention the elephant in the room. Dean's non con decision last week will still weigh heavily on many and I know it's placed a rather large cloud over Dean's character. I'm currently ok with it and even though I'm not feeling 100% confident that they will be addressing the nature of what Dean did satisfactorily, I feel like the enormity of what Dean has done will be faced in future episodes and I'm pretty damn happy with the direction they seem
to be taking. He at least acknowledged his recent decisions.
1. I'm going to be completely SHALLOW to start and just say how totally HOT HOT HOT HOT that episode was. The Js looked amazing (as per usual) but Abaddon (and Zeke!!!!!) added a level that got me all hot at bothered. That scene between Abaddon and Dean...*IZ DED*. There was also an edginess and sexiness that I feel like we haven't seen in the show for a while ("puts the SAM in S&M"..teehee).
2. Speaking of HOT...JEEEEZZZZZ!!! Angel!Sam friggin' did my head (and other places!) in!. HOW AMAZING WAS THAT?!! My jaw was on the ground (and yeah, I might have clapped and bounced around a bit). It took me by complete surprise. I didn't expect we'd see Zeke so soon - and certainly not like that. That scene alone (and Dean/Abaddon) might have been enough for me to love the ep - the fact that there was so much more is icing on the cake.
3. DEAN DEAN DEAN! Oh Dean! (I think that was my reaction to him last week). But... WOW! Kudos to Jensen for showing that lovely mix of knowing how much of a line he crossed with stopping the trials and fixing Sam and being so relived
to have him alive and by his side again. He's so troubled (loved the look he gave Sam when he said "we have bigger troubles") and yet there's a strange peace about him. It's a curious mix and I have to say I like it. Dean actually SAID STUFF!! He convinced Kevin to stay and admitted he, along with Cas, was family (awwwww...). And he talked with Zeke and admitted some pretty personal stuff to him (not being able to talk to Sam and admitting he wants him to be a good guy). I LOVE THAT HE VOICED WHAT MUCH OF FANDOM HAS BEEN ASKING FOR - BE A GOOD GUY ZEKE!
4. Oh Jared, you are so very awesome. Ok, so I'm probably biased 'cause I'm such a fan, but what a mix of emotions he gave us. I loved that moment when Tracy mentioned releasing Lucifer. :((( He also seemed genuinely happy to be next to Dean. Much like Dean, there seemed to be a peace about him. His comment about having family and friends around really tugged at the heart strings (especially when we know the truth). And then of course we had the awesome....
5. Zeke!Sam!!!!! I much preferred this version of Zeke!Sam than I did to last week's one. I felt the previous one was a little but forced (though it could be argued that Zeke had only just arrived), but this one was so much more like Tahmoh's (and I believe Tahmoh modelled his performance on Jared's). He was also extra hot! (damn that shallowness...). And the fact that Jared gets to play Sam AND Zeke is so exciting.
6. Ezekiel. I agree with Dean - I REALLY hope he's a good guy. It would seem too good (and easy!) to be true if he were, but I LIKE HIM! HE SEEMS SO GENUINE. HE PROTECTED SAM! - ok, he probably did that because he needs Sam alive - but I'd love to believe he's good enough to actually want
that for Sam (and Dean).
7. AT LAST I feel like I can embrace Kevin. It's taken me a while to warm to him (I know, I don't know what's wrong with me), but I really liked that we got to see more of what's been going on in his head. And YAY - he mentioned his mom and had some reaction from him about that loss. He was a great mix of strong and vulnerable and smart. I knew he wasn't going to let Crowley go - but I still gave a sigh of relief when we actually saw that he didn't (totally manipulative film making at the end, but it's all part of the shtick). I am truly beginning to feel
8. ABADDON!!!!!! OH JOY!!! SO BADASS AND AWESOME! She's so gorgeous and sexy - but totally competent and...*GUH* - I love that mix of sex and sass. Mostly, I just believe
her. She's so deliciously nasty.
9. Crowley was...well, Crowley. He's still scheming and working an angle. I mostly loved his scenes because what the other characters were doing. I think his ambiguity (maybe a little bit more "good" then he used to be), could be interesting. We'll have to see.
10. Tracy. The jury is still out on this character. I like that new hunters are being introduced (and yay new female character), but I want to see more before I get too excited. I'm always a little wary about super glamorous (and perfectly made up) characters (I know I just contradicted myself../o\) - but I did like her injection of attitude, so we'll see. And the other hunter was a nice (even though brief) addition.
11. I really enjoyed the writing. In the beginning I was worried because Dean was coming across as really just using Kevin. He seemed to be quite tough on him, so that turn around at the end was a nice answer to that. I liked that Kevin was set up to turn on the Winchesters and let Crowley go, but of course he didn't and it enhanced how much he does actually feel for the brothers. There were some great one liners.
12. THE BROTHERS! Oh this damn show. Just when I think their love couldn't be more on show they do something like this and have all those beautiful moments.
Dean: You with me?
Sam: You know it.
SQUEEEE! Probably my favourite. :) (And Sam admitting Dean is "pretty awesome" *g*). But they were so in sync. Dean giving commands like a boss and Sam working so seamlessly along side him. Both being kickass heroes AND showing us a bit of that caring side again. Which, of course, makes it all so much sadder knowing the deception.
I am curious how Zeke is so very powerful. Is that evidence that he's just hitching a ride from Sam and is just biding his time until he "turns" - or do we just have to accept he's got that power? Maybe he's already fully healed after being inside Sam for a short time. Though his wings are damaged (they looked so amazing!) so maybe that's just a fraction of his complete power. hmmmmm
Completely *handwaving* Abaddon's resurrection because YAY I wanted Alaina back. I'm going to go with her loving that body image and so decided to keep that rather than find someone else. What a vessel looks like is clearly important to her (getting those other demons to upgrade theirs). Loved sassy older demon women. :)
LOVED the deserted town set. I can't wait to take a closer look at it, but it had a great feel (reminded me of the set in The End) and I love the shootout moment on that set.
Bunker = <33 So many warm fuzzies from that set.
I wonder if Dean's line "That was then..." was a shout out to their friend (and oft visitor to the set) S.E. Hinton?
I thought Dean had his arm snapped (sounded like it) and yet he got up and seemed perfectly fine. Was that a continuity problem - or did I miss something?
Gotta stop now. I know there's more - I'm still trying to get my head and heart around all the hot and FEELS!
In the meantime:from herefrom here