Disclaimer: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOHERENCY THAT FOLLOWS !!! IT'S ALL SHOW'S FAULT!
Before I start, I have a question. Am I Sam? Did I hallucinate that? Did show actually give us some of those moments that made us fall in love with it over 6 years ago?! Did I really see those things that were on my wish list?!?! Really??
I just have to..
EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! before I begin.
I actually LEAPED off my sofa with a fist pump at the end!! And yiped: "YES YES YES"!!! (I actually really did).
Ok. Let's just take stock. (remember disclaimer..)
1. Opening scene! Wow... oozy black stuff. Staggering, dripping Cas. We now know what the opening titles are all about. ;D (I love that we had black splats and blood spats throughout that episode. Oh show! You know how to appeal to my love for schlock horror!
>Just a wee note about schlock horror
. To me, it's that rather "tacky", over the top shock and gore that you get in lesser made movies (often really, really cheap movies). Think of those movies that make you cringe and then laugh. Some examples
. I think SPN homages that fine genre quite often and this episode had oodles of shout outs. Not least the blood splatters, creepy hospital, gore, rather corny looking monster effect and colour. That pasty green is often used in schlock. Usually it's matched with pink. I love it. That's not saying Show is "tacky". SPN skirts a lovely fine line between homage and being actually really creepy and very well made. And of course it doesn't just homage that. Show is great at drawing from many sources. That's just one I am particularly drawn to.
2. CAS!! OMG... I actually felt a pang when Dean pulled out the trench coat. *sniff* Not only for Cas but Jimmy too (you can't tell me Jimmy survived that?!). I'm not passed believing that Cas has somehow survived though. I am pretty damn sure we will be seeing more of him. Show KNOWS how loved Misha is by fans so I am SURE we will see him again. (maybe in Dean's dreams...?) He'll be back. No doubt about it. :)
3. Bobby. Just had to mention him because he's was just there.
No fuss. No angst. Just there
as this massive support to the boys.
And then... HE WASN'T! WHAAAAAAA My jaw HIT THE GROUND when we saw Bobby's place. Really??!?!? DID THEY DO THAT?! NOES!! That was home. A base. Full of memories and BOOKS AND PANIC ROOM AND INFORMATION AND JUST EVERYTHING!! It surely can't be real? Did Sam imagine it? But Dean saw it too so it can't be in Sam's "beautiful mind". Unless Dean isn't real? Again. ACK!! That can't be right. MY HEAD HURTS WITH THE POSSIBILITIES OF THAT! /o\
4. Sherif Mills. \o/ I LOVE HER. So great to see her back. SO great that they didn't kill her off (yet!). So great that she is made of WIN.
5. Mark as Hellucination!Lucifer. Hellucifer?... soooo creepy and perfect. And after I was questioning how we were to take his "spooning" comment recently it was made PRETTY DAMN CLEAR by him saying Sam was his Bitch is every sense of the word. OH GOD. And when he appeared again at the end, my heart clenched. Oh Sam. :(
6. Sam and Dean. FRACK! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE BOYS!! just.... EVERYTHING!! I want to squeeeeeal. And KEY SMASH!!! And and and...
Ok. Can we just take as read that I loved EVERYTHING about the boys this week. Puppy eyed, hurt, wooby, confused, brave Sam (kill me now! THANK YOU!!!) , Concerned, protective, hurt, wooby eyed!Dean (DEEEAAAANNNN!!).
I have to picspam now because that's just easier than explaining:
a) THIS! THIS WAS ON MY WISH LIST!!! \o/ Dean tending to hurt!Sam. GOD I LOVED THIS SCENE!!! \o/ Dean checking and then Bobby applying a new bandage <33333 (and then to find out later that Dean did the stitching!! KILL ME!!! (writers have been reading fanfic!! \o/)
b) LOOK AT THAT!!! Dean holding Sam hurt hand *melts* and *dies*
c)WOOBY!SAM... *hugs* him (oh man.... he fought so hard to pull it together).
d) PUPPY EYES OF DOOM!!! Oh my GOD! So much soulful Sam in the ep. He's so hurt and confused and NEEDS his big brother (as I am already dead I can't say "KILL ME" but I would if I wasn't..)
e) YES YES!! BANDAGED HAND! (I fist pumped this as well). I speculated on my last post the the bandage was significant (yeah, I know. Doesn't take a genius) But my thought was that it might be a link to what's real for Sam and what's not. AND IT WAS! Go me! (Hey. I don't think I have EVER speculated correctly on this show. I have to take that one)
That whole scene was AMAZING> Dean talking Sam down was a thing of pure love. And for him to use his own experience in hell to do that?! DOUBLE WIN! Pain in the pit is different to real life!! WOW!! *hearts* Dean. He's hurting is so many ways, but knew what it took to talk Sam back. He's holding on by a thread that boy... as seems to be his way at the moment.
f) ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! \o/ \o/ So...um... yes. I may have watched this scene over and over (and over) because... BOYS IN AN AMBULANCE?!!? TOGETHER?! SHOW DOES INDEED LOVE ME!! (This bodes well for hospital!Sam in the future yes?!?! - I'm not spoiled btw)
g) And then Dean watching on as Sam seizes?! OH GOD!!
h) ARGHHHH!! Pleading!Dean. Scared, little boy Dean who doesn't want to go to LeviaHospital! (the fact that there is a CREEPY ASS HOSPITAL is friggin' AWESOME!!) Dean seems so broken here. To see this level of vulnerability.... *swoon*
i) And, last but not at all least, there was oodles of ... hurt!Sammy. *wallows*
Such a joy to watch. Like last week, there was just so much going on. I thought the show had ended a couple of times and then we GOT MORE! And the hits just kept on coming.
Having to wait a whole week will see like forever...
I love you show.