Now that I've had a chance to digest that (and read all your thoughtful comments re 7.02- thank you <3) I have been pondering a few things...Castiel
1. Something struck me. I suppose it's kinda obvious but it fell into place for me now that I've had a chance to reflect on Castiel's overall story arc. Show is about family, there's no doubt about that. But I think Show is also about growing up
. My feeling is that the boys have done a lot of growing up over the last 6 years. In that time they made mistakes and learned from them. They have both lost "control" in one way or another and (unwittingly) created greater problems for themselves and the world. Dean brought Sam back from the dead. Even after his own "what's dead should stay dead" mantra. It created a domino effect for things to come. He died, went to hell, Sam lost himself in trying to get him back and ended up releasing Lucifer into the world. Sam redeemed himself by returning Luci to the cage and Dean redeemed himself by retrieving Sam's soul from the pit. Throughout that journey the boys matured. Their relationship suffered but now it seems to be back on solid ground.
Cas, in many ways, has been on a similar journey. Cas had a job to perform - retrieve Dean's soul from hell. Cas could have disappeared then but stayed and started to question. Discovering that there was more than just taking orders. In making contact with humans he learned about free will. He learned about making choices and making sacrifices. He learned what it was to have friends. He also learned about power and control.
Cas has been referred to as a "child" a couple of times and I see this as being quite literal. He's a child, learning as he grows up. Making mistakes, as we do as children and teenagers and even adults. He, like the boys, lost control and (unwittingly) released the new big into the world. We saw a little bit of his realisation of his mistake before the leviathans took control (a bit like we did when Sam learned about what Ruby was really up to).
There's more to come for Cas (is my point). He hasn't had a chance to fully redeem himself the way the boys have. I totally believe he will and it will become extremely important for the way the leviathans are finally dealt with. Pure speculation on my part, but Castiel's grace will still be around and therefore there is still potential for him to make right his wrong.
(I want to make a small Cas vid. I'm not sure whether to make it a little tongue-in-cheek to the song "What About Me", or make a kinda of tribute to Hallelujah (or a different song maybe?) )Other Stuff
2. John's journal? Yes? No? I think Dean discards it too nonchalantly for it to be THE journal. (God I hope so..) Also, I'm sure that binding is too thick. A book me thinks...(??)
3. How on earth do those hellucinations work? Sam's mind is creating them yeah? So he's putting those words into Luci's mouth. That is seriously screwed up. He is essentially torturing himself. He drove in a strange black van, thinking it was the impala and that he was a passenger. He hallucinated that and then changed
the hallucination when he entered the building. It was as though he had realised that that wasn't Dean (about the same time we were).
Curious that there's not been mention of Adam/Michael. It's as though it was only the two of them down there. Bunk buddies. Argh... I can't get my head around it all at them moment.
Also. I know this won't be the case (please ...no) but the notion that ALL of Sam's life is something Lucifer conjured up during his spare time in the cage is .... ack...food for thought.
4. Pain is different in hell than earth. I LOVE this more that anything. But does that mean Sam will have to be in constant pain to remove Luci from his mind? (Of course the hurt!Sam fan in me is wallowing in that but still.... that will not be a way to live).
5. Would Dean really drive them off a cliff (or pier). Could he do that? Dean's really at the end of his tether to even suggest that. (a must read coda relating to that
. Just... *sniff* and YES.)
6. No more blood addiction yeah? (hee... I mean. The boy has enough to contend with methinks..) Wouldn't it be
interesting if demon blood "cured" Sam of this hallucinations. Damn. That's too screwed up to even think about.
7. When the leviathans take over a body the person dies yeah? (quietly keeping up my death count..)
8. What the hell will Bobby do now? Jeez. To have lost his wonderful home. The panic room will be still standing and unaffected I reckon. So maybe some stuff have been saved. *hopes* And where the hell is Bobby?
I'll leave you with this: (and yes, please do marvel at how damn clever I am to put those pic in boxes *g*) Thanks dotfic
Having a "real" home (that is not the Impala) is just not on the cards for our boys.
It's weird how the boys are really up shit creek without a paddle and yet it's not nearly as painful to watch as when they were fighting and not communicating. They've lost everything and yet because they have each other all is right in the (Supernatural) world. *happy sigh*
(damn, that's a lot of questions. I'm mostly musing out loud. Don't mind me. *g*).