Damn that episode! I can't stop thinking about it (and I may have watched certain scenes too many times to count../o\)
I listened to the radio interview with Guy Bee
whilst cleaning the oven yesterday. (Supernatural: helping you through tedious household chores).
It was excellent. If you are needing a 90min distraction whilst doing something tedious I highly recommend it.
I just love how passionate
Guy is. It really heartens me as a fan. There are times when I feel like I over think the show (I actually don't have a problem with that because I enjoy
thinking about it), but to actually hear the amount of thought, preparation and passion that goes into each episode somehow makes me feel better about it. Fans do their thing - whether it be write, meta, draw, vid, rant, bitch, question, speculate after
writers, producers, actors, designers, directors etc. do theirs. It really struck how connected both sides are when I was listening to this. Guy was engaged with fans chatting about things that both sides were passionate about. The Show.
It's a detailed interview and mentions things about episode 7.02 that you may not have realised.
If you don't have a chance to listening, here are some highlights. (WITH PICS!)
There was this one thing that I shouted out... OF COURSE!! I can't believe I didn't pick that up. (But I didn't feel too bad because the interviewer hadn't either).
So. Sam drove himself to that warehouse yeah?. Hallucinating that he was a passenger. I caught the shot of Bobby's van (not the Impala that Sam imagined) but I didn't make the connection when Sam looked at the keys.As Dean drives up in the Impala we see the van Sam drove in Sam looks at the keys he's just used to drive with.
Guy mentioned both these moments in the interview. . He didn't want them to be too "obvious", but they were there as little hints that something wasn't right. I love that he made the choice to not have the headlights of the van bright and facing the camera as it would have be telegraphing it too much.
There was also this:
Morning Star being another name for Lucifer (which.... I didn't connect at the time).Other nuggets:
* Jensen told Guy that Dean would take Cas' coat and put it in the trunk (awww...)
* Moments before and after Jared's soulful "He said the same thing about you" line (when he was seeing Luci while he was chatting to Dean) they were mucking around, making fart jokes. Guy says it proved how talented the Js are.
* Jared has a metronome app on his iPhone. (umm...?) He had it on and Jensen started moving his hips to it. Jared upped the tempo and so did Jensen. Ending (apparently) with Jensen making some very suggestive moves with his hips. Guy hopes (AS DO I!!!) that it ends up on the gag reel.
* Guy decided to have Jared sitting in most of his scenes. Not only because he is weak but because it means other characters can look down on him. Giving him a submissiveness and vulnerability. (I love the use of status).
* I love this bit. Remember when Jared was sleeping (*guh*) and hearing Luci's voice before he woke up? Apparently they originally had Mark P in the scene, whispering to Jared. Guy shot it a couple of ways because he wanted to give the editors some different options when it came to editing that scene (yay!). I loved the final choice to not have Mark in the frame. It made it so much creepier.
Gratuitous sleeping Sam shot 'cause.... jeeze... be still my heart)
* Water was a motif. Which.... yeah. But this scene is one where there's water, but it's really subtle. Everything in these shots are deliberate. I love that about it. The crates, the lights.. even the blacked out windows. Particularly the encroaching water. Just gorgeous.
And I leave you with a reminder that everyone is human. Apparently this water bottle is a mistake. Someone (who's probably in trouble now!) left their water bottle on the set. That cracks me up. :)