I FUCKING LOVED THAT!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
O.M.F.G! \o/ \o/ \o/
Where do I even start. Ok. So, here's the thing. This will be non sensical, all over the place squee because I am kinda busting.. BUSTING... at the moment. (excuse all the caps lock!)
I'll count the ways to try and make at least look a bit orderly.
1. Evil!Winchesters!!! I Just... THEY DID THAT!! \o/ (ok, so all the killing was awful and really, I shouldn't be excited over so much killing of innocent lives... but to see them in these different full on cold, Natural Born Killers kind of way..just made me bounce! The Js really looked like they were enjoying that.)
2. The conversation in the Dinner!!! PRICELESS... I love outsider POV. The dialogue was so precious.
3. I am LOVING LOVING the leviatans as the new big bads. (the CGI heads not so much, but it does match the somewhat corny B grade horror that they are going for this season). WOW.. they are smart and suave and ruthless (and kinda pretty..) AND CROWLEY WAS PUT IN HIS PLACE BY ONE!!! \o/ That was worth the entrance fee!! (yeah... I'm one of the few who don't like Crowley, so that was kinda awesome for me. Though it might mean that the boys are now forced to work with Crowley (again) to topple them. Which... yeah. I could do without that. But, if they do go that way I suppose I won't mind. It felt like a real bye bye to the demon arc).
4. JODY AND BOBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY. *sings* Jody and Bobby sitting in a tree k i s s i n g ... It made me go all sort of childish and gooey. Jody is SO misty eyed for Bobby. It's so CUTE!!!! \o/
5. Bobby!!! \o/ More awesome. It cements for me that there's nothing going on with him. He just took the burning of his house in his stride. I'm really REALLY glad they mentioned it though. So yeah. Bobby's tough. He has a roof over his head. He's alive. He's helping people and now he has a sweet heart. DO NOT KILL JODY SHOW... or else... or else... I'll.....CRY! (And not like you for a while). Give Bobby this PLEASE. Also... giving us more of Bobby's inner thoughts. Trouble with dad?!?! Argh..
6. FRANK. LOVED :D... The dialogue (once again) was priceless. (must check who wrote this one...)
7. BEST LAUGH OUT LOUD MOMENT... DEAN SINGING ALKSJD;ALSKA;LSDKU;ALSDKFJA;SLDFJ!!!!! The looks! The passion! The words!! "I'm so lost without you". (DAMNIT! I need to vid that NOW!!) Sammy!faces \o/ Arghhhh!!!!! *bounces* Might be one of my fav moment EVER!
8. BOYS ON THE ROAD TOGETHER. Just. Yes. Thank you. (How friggin' hard must they have worked in the ep. They were in SO many scenes (yay!).
9. And of course. OM MY GOD! Sam finding out Dean's secret. (thank you!!! It didn't drag on tooooo long). His wibble face was just so right. What really got me was it really made me feel for Amy. As in Sam not only realised what Dean did, but that Amy is dead. SO much for Sam to process in that one moment and I thought it was handled perfectly. (more big bad levithan - liking to watch their victims suffer before eating them..)
10. SAM WALKED AWAY!! OMG! It's SO Sam. Sam has been through so much and yet his reaction to being hurt is still the Sam we know. For a minute I thought he might clock Dean one but that's not Sam's way. Dean would have done, but not Sam. And ok. I'm sure there will be cries of "stop running away Sam". But come on. He needs to process this and the way Sam does it is by taking some time away. It all felt so right that it didn't hurt. As in, I've been gutted when Sam has walked away from Dean before but this time... it just seemed like the right thing to do.
There will be cries of "Sam is deliberately hurting Dean my turning away". Ok. Yes. Sam knows this will hurt Dean. Sam now knows that Dean really can't live without Sam (be still my heart) so by walking away Sam does know that will hurt Dean. And why not. I'm not saying Dean needs to be hurt anymore but he really should have fessed up to what he had done. Or not done it. So yeah. A (lovers) spat. We KNOW they will be back together. We KNOW they will work it out. I love that we have this little drama ahead of us. \o/
11. Really loved Dean in this. The hurt is still all there (though no drinking in this one??) but he was just soldering on. We got to see him really working the case. I just loved the face when he heard about the dinner. It's was like.. "yep. That'd be right. It's because I loved those burgers". Oh Dean. The world really IS against you. *hugs* him. (I do worry for him now though...)
12. They DITCHED THE IMPALA!!! Thank god! Something that really bugged me when they were on the run for the police in the past is that they got around in such a recognisable car. GOOD MOVE BOYS!! About time they became "Smith" (hee..Mr & Mr) rather than rock legends.
13. (good Halloween number to end on). I knew NOTHING about this ep and I think that really helped me enjoy it to the level I did. I knew the title and I am SO SO relieved that they didn't go 4th wall on us and examine actual slash fiction. I mean... there were plenty of delicious references (they really have the boys married to each other don't they. Bonded at least) so I was thrilled with that.
*happy sigh* It just felt so damn satisfying. Gritty, elements of humour, plenty of film shout outs (they actually mentioned Butch and Sundance \o/), Bobby love interest, BLOOD SPLATTERS (5 out of 6 eps have had the blood splatters), bromance out the wahzoo!! \o/ more about the big BIG bad, just...just...
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That has seriously left me in a great mood.
I haven't read any other reactions. I have no idea what you all thought. (ACK! Maybe I'm the only one who loved it... Hee *shrugs* that's cool).
You won't harsh my squee if you didn't like it. I'm happy to hear if you didn't. I'm always interested in difference points of view. I know each of us enjoy the show for different reasons. That episode just happened to have all the reasons in there that I love it.
(ETA - rewatching. Was that a My Lttle Pony hanging from the rear view mirror??!! If so... HAHAHA! They know us so well! Awesome.
Also on second viewing... *sniff* final scene. Choked me a bit 2nd time... )