It's the start of my holidays and I'm feeling bouncy. Not only because it's holiday time but because this time next week I shall have watched the first episode of S8 of my fav show. With other fans! \o/ (There's no way the CW will postpose the premiere is there?! I shall cry if they do that...).
Back to the bouncy...
@superwiki (on twitter) posed the question what do you want to see in S8. I honestly didn't think I had a list, but it would seem I do...
What I would like to see (in no particular order):
- Impala washing
- Laundry sorting
- Sam finding his purple, whippet t-shirt (probably wouldn't fit him now...;D).
- Dean finding his original leather jacket (I know, I know...that's not gonna happen)
- Dean finding his ring and bracelets and that necklace thing he wore for a while..;)
- Sam and Dean remembering that they have a younger brother still in the cage
- Mothman (still! been on my list since S2)
- Dean cutting Sam's hair (while he's sleeping)
- Dean gently sweeping aside Sam's bangs (because we need fanfic in the show!)
- Stitching each others' wounds (we got close in S7! We saw the stitches Dean did... \o/)
- Seeing the first aid kit
- More kick-ass Cas (being all protective of both Sam and Dean)
- JODY! Charlie!
- Smart boys
- gagged!boys (I mean COME ON! One for Dean and two for Sam in seven years?! That's not
- Baking, cooking, making coffee for each other. Put them in a kitchen!
- Road side beers *happy sigh*
- IMPALA in every episode! (HOMG, totally missed her last year)
- Picnics (that's not soppy. They can picnic in a manly way)
- CREEPY, creepy episodes
- More horror film homages (I'd love to see a SPN take on Hitchcock's "The Birds". "Evil Dead" and "Hellraiser" would be cool also )
- tied up!boys (please!)
- Action, Adventure, Angst (no worries about that one I'm sure)
- De-aged (Sam or Dean I don't care).
- Body swap (for realz!)
- Lucifer - like WHOA!
- Trust between the boys
- fighting back to back - literally
- fighting back to back - figuratively
- Jared and Jensen in Sam and Dean's world (This question was raised in a con and the idea is tantalizing....)
- More "What Is / The End / Terrible Life" worlds. I love them.
- All the hurt!
- Hypothermia - one has to body warm the other. (Shut up! That could happen...)
- AWESOME MOTEL ROOMS! An Elvis theme has to come up one day. A Star Wars theme would be beyond cool (and poignant).
- Car sleeping
- Car talking
- Dean remembering Lisa and Ben
- Hell remembering for both of them
- More about what happened to hallucifer
- DEATH! Love that character
- Heaps of bromance!
- New, interesting OC's (who survive!)
- Aaaaand, something I haven't even imagined
I can't even begin to think about what I want from post Purgatory Sam and Dean. I'll take what they give me. :)) I figure Bobby is really gone, but surprise!bobby would be cool. Too much to wish for surprise!John, Ellen, Ash or Jo I think.
None of the above is essential for my enjoyment of the show. That's just a fun wish list. I hope to be surprised, entertained, warmed and excited by each episode. I'm sure some will be a hit and some will be a miss. Usually just having Jared and Jensen's faces grace my screen that's enough.
Feel free to tell me yours if you wish to. :)
Quick rec: Check out galwithglasses
's post on camera choices Jensen made
in The Girl Next Door. I love the observation about the snack food signaling Sam's mental state. Oh show!