*checks profile* Since August 2006 (dammit!! I missed my 10th anniversary!)
2. How did you come up with your online name(s)? Does it have any special meaning?
The very first SPN on-line account I created was for FF.net and I had NO idea what to call myself so I picked my daughter's name and her birth date (Ash8). Then I wanted to create an account for LJ and "Ash8" was taken so I then took her birth month and birth date and mashed it up and Ash48 was made. On YouTube "Ash48" was taken so I added her birth year and Ash4897 was born. My poor daughter!
3. Why did you join LJ?
It was where it was all happening back in 2006 - before Tumblr and Twitter and whatever else is out there now. It had all the fic, meta, pics, community... It was amazing. *g*
4. What do you like about it? What keeps you active here?
I love the conversation format. It beats all other fandom social sites for that. Twitter is great for small, instant chat but misinterpretations are rife. Tumblr is just damn messy (but pretty!). I am less active than I used to be but I stay active because I love the people I've met here. I feel a greater connection to fellow fans more than I do anywhere else. I love the interaction, and the flexibility of formatting.
5. Do you remember what made you add me as a friend? If so, what was it?
Ah, well. I took this from a few mutual friends so I won't answer this specifically. I will say that the reason I added YOU is because I either - thought you were awesome and I felt like we shared something in common or you friended me and I like making mutual friends. :)
6. Where in the world do you live? (Feel free to be as specific/unspecific as you'd like, lol. I just like seeing how far spread my online friends are :))
I live in Perth, Western Australia. In a lovely little suburb called Bassendean. :)
7. Tell me one random/happy/good thing about your day! :)
I am now riding my bike to work every day! This is huge for me because I've never done this before. I love it! :)